Single Vineyard EstateWines
- Our Rosado (rosé) is made from 100% Tempranillo grapes grown exclusively on the single vineyard estate surrounding our winery.
- Our Joven is a young wine offered for sale the spring after harvest with the aim of conveying an immediate impression of the year’s fruit quality. A perfect introduction to the beauty of Tempranillo.
- Our Organic wine is a perfect illustration of what happens when sustainable, minimum intervention agriculture nurtures and enhances the beguiling qualities of the Tempranillo grape variety in the soils of Ribera del Duero.
- Our Barrica is the perfect starting point for a journey of discovery into the special magic that occurs when wine made from the Tempranillo grape combines with the aromas of oak.
- Tempranillo is world-renowned for combining its fruit spectacularly well with the aromas of oak. This wine is ready to be drunk but will also improve if stored horizontally.
- Our Reserva represents the pinnacle of grape cultivation and winemaking at Martín Berdugo. We hand-harvest the fruit at the best possible moment from the most mature plots of our vineyard.
- Tasting notesThe characteristic wild strawberry and juicy red cherry flavors are accompanied by subtle mineral nuances derived from the gravel, silt and light clay soils of our vineyard. Tinto Fino is the Tempranillo clone that has evolved in Ribera del Duero.
- Food pairingsThe layered fruit flavors combined with a velvety structure mean this wine will combine with lamb, steak and roast dishes as well as mature Cheddar or Manchego cheeses.
- Time and maturity become art with this Gran Reserva. Grapes of exceptional quality were hand-picked, vinified and mellowed for 30 months in barrels, 50% of French oak and 50% American, before being rounded off in bottle.
- Tasting notesThis is a wine of rare elegance. The primary fruit aromas have evolved into a bouquet typical of mature Tempranillo, redolent of violets. The years have tamed the tannins, giving this wine a smooth mouthfeel and a finish that echoes the stony gravel of its plot in the vineyard that surrounds the winery.
- Food pairingsThis wine is a perfect complement to traditional Spanish cuisine, such as slow-roasted suckling lamb, paella and the finest mature cheeses such as manchego.
- Verdejo has over the past 25 years become Spain’s most popular white wine grape. It has an enticingly fruity, herbal aroma which leads to a crisp and refreshing taste and soft, lingering aftertaste.
Single Vineyard EstatePremium Wines
- Made 100% from Tempranillo grapes grown in our vineyard on an 11-hectare plot designated Parcela 100, farmed under certified organic conditions. The grapes were mechanically harvested at night to keep low temperatures and retain all the variety’s best natural aromas.
- Made with grapes from the best plots of our single vineyard estate, this wine honors the history of the winery, representing its pinnacle, blending the most advanced vineyard management and monitoring techniques with the traditions or our region and the essence of the environment.
- Made 100% from Albillo Mayor grapes harvested from 50-60 year old vines cultivated in an ancient vineyard that contains both red and white grapes. Albillo Mayor is the only white grape that has been authorized by the D.O. Ribera del Duero for the purpose of making a white wine.
Martín BerdugoThe Vineyard
Our single vineyard estate offers the beauty and complexity of alluvial soils in the Duero River valley: gravel, sand, silt and light clay. Our mature vines extract minerals that yield luxurious flavors and aromas.
We offer several ranges of wines that convey the essence of our vineyard, history, family and natural environment.
Martín BerdugoOur varieties
Tempranillo is Spain’s most popular grape variety. It achieves outstanding aromatic and flavor-filled qualities, with a silky texture, in our wine-growing region of Ribera del Duero. It is perfectly suited to our vineyard.
Tinto Fino is the Tempranillo clone that has evolved in Ribera del Duero, where Martín Berdugo’s 87-hectare single vineyard estate harnesses the gravel, silt and light clay soils to imbue its wines with terroir-specific aromas and flavors.
Verdejo is the main grape used to make Martín Berdugo’s white wines. It is native to the Duero Valley and cultivated in the region of Rueda, which is near Ribera del Duero. It is refreshing and aromatically alluring.
Sauvignon Blanc, a French grape variety originally from Bordeaux, was introduced to Rueda in 1974. It has been used in tiny amounts in some of Martín Berdugo’s whites, where it adds hints of aromatic finesse. It is popular in the Loire Valley as well as New Zealand and Chile.
Cabernet Sauvignon is the principal red grape variety of France’s most famous winemaking region: Bordeaux, where it has established an extraordinary reputation due to the wonderful ruby color and beautiful aroma of its wines. It was introduced to Ribera del Duero in 1864 and has formed part of some of its wines ever since. This variety makes up three percent of our single-vineyard estate and is used in the blend of selected wines.
Taste & ExperienceVisit Us
Live the lifecycle of the grapes, from the vineyard through the winery to the bottle. Taste our wines and experience the flavours, aromas and history of Ribera del Duero.
Discover our premium services and spectacular wines.
NEWSLETTERStay in the know
Sign up to our newsletter to receive latest news and offers.